Dear summer, I love you.- author anonymous
With summer here and in full swing, I thought that it’d be fun to discuss some of my favorite summer style essentials here on the blog today. Since I’m more of a fall clothes girl, when it comes to summer style there are really just a few key pieces that I love. And living in Michigan, means that the summer clothes season is pretty short so I don’t love to invest that much in warm weather items. In that case, here is a list of my top 5 favorite summer pieces that every woman should have.
1. White Jeans- These are an absolute must for every summer wardrobe. They always look classic and chic and can be dressed up or down. I love them with a black t-shirt or a gingham shirt for a more pulled together look.
2. Espadrilles- These are such a classic shoe and look adorable with everything from white jeans to denim dresses. Plus, they’re super comfortable too.
3. Oversize Sunglasses- There is nothing more classic and chic than a large, chunky pair of sunnies. Not only do they protect you from the sun but they also give a look of instant glamour.
4. A Straw Hat- Always an instant classic that I just love! It shields your face from the sun at the beach and looks great with a little black dress at a cocktail party too.
5. A one piece swimsuit- Even though I think bikinis look great on some girls, I’m really a true fan of the one piece swimsuit. It’s so flattering and looks great on everyone.
Images via Pinterest.