Fabulous doesn’t count the years. It’s the years that make us fabulous.- Helen Mirren
British, award-winning actress Helen Mirren was recently chosen as the new face of L’Oreal’s ‘The Perfect Age’ campaign. We couldn’t think of a better choice. Helen, who turns 70 later this year, proves age is nothing but a number in both the campaign and in real life. She is absolutely stunning and has embraced her age by being both daring and totally honest. We love that she hasn’t gone the plastic surgery route and instead has chosen to celebrate how she looks today.
How stunning is she in this leather jacket?
She insists that there are many good things that come later in life and says she used to worry more about her looks than she does now. In a recent interview, she said, “I think the great advantage of getting older is that you let go of certain things. Having said that, I think all women worry to some degree- and I don’t think men are exempt.”
We love that she doesn’t call it ‘growing old’ but instead ‘growing up’. How cool is that? She also isn’t fond of the word ‘beauty’ and believes that true attractiveness comes from a person’s spirit and intellect. We couldn’t agree more!
Helen has some great beauty advice for women of every age:
1. Take care of your skin but don’t be obsessive about it.
2. Make sure you cleanse your skin really well and use a good moisturizer at night.
3. Don’t smoke!
4. Make sure to get eight hours of sleep a night.
Her hair advice for women in their sixties is spot on too:
1. “Be bold! Be bold with your cut, really look at what young people are doing and copy them- don’t copy what old people are doing.”
2. “Some people have a classic haircut and it works for them and that’s great, but it’s much better to accept how you look now and then be modern.”
Cheers to Helen! We can’t wait to see what she does next!