Beautiful skin requires commitment, not a miracle.
It’s no secret that my mom and I are obsessed with skincare. My grandmother, Dorothy, had incredibly youthful looking skin all her life and she taught my mom to always make skincare a priority. Good skincare is so important. Without it, you will never be able to achieve a flawless look.
Over the years, my mom has tried many different products but I think she has finally honed her routine and has some tried-and-true favorites that she has introduced me to. She absolutely loves the entire La Mer line and we have been sharing their cleansing oil for about a year now. It is the best cleanser we’ve ever had! My mom also introduced me to the Skinceuticals line which is clinically powerful. I’ve rounded up our favorite products that are sure to leave you with a gorgeous youthful glow. 1. The Cleansing Oil by La Mer- This is the ideal cleanser for dry winter skin. It glides on with a silky, smooth finish and leaves skin feeling so hydrated and soft. It contains the signature Miracle Broth that La Mer is known for. A little bit goes a long way so it’s definitely worth the investment.
2. Skinceuticals C E Ferulic with 15% L-Ascorbic Acid- This serum uses a unique combination of pure Vitamin C, Vitamin E and ferulic acid to help combat the signs of environmental aging. It helps improve skin’s firmness and texture too. My aesthetician swears by it and she has the most beautiful skin.
3. Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Serum- This luxurious repair serum firms and moisturizes. It’s great for all skin types. And it’s paraben free.
4. The Eye Concentrate by La Mer- This eye cream is on the pricey side but it lasts forever and is so worth it. The skin around the eyes is so delicate and is one of the first areas to show signs of aging. It has a unique hematite formula which helps to combat under eye darkness and surface discoloration. Bonus: you can keep the eye applicator in the refrigerator and it feels so good.
5. Skinceuticals Hyaluronic Acid Intensifier- This serum is solely for a nighttime application. It helps to amplify your skin’s hyaluronic acid levels which are essential to retaining a youthful appearance. It reduces the look of crow’s feet, nasolabial folds and marionette lines.
6. Creme de la Mer Moisturizing Cream- Hands down the best moisturizer out there. It’s unique blend of sea extracts improves firmness and reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles. The benefits of this moisturizer are unlocked by carefully warming it between the fingers and pressing it gently into the skin. It’s a very relaxing daily ritual.
Image 1 via