Beautiful skin requires commitment not a miracle.- Erno Laszlo
If you’re a regular reader here, you know how much my mom and I adore good beauty products. I’ve literally been testing moisturizers since I was about four! My mom is the beauty expert and has lovely skin so I know that anything she uses or recommends will be the best. I learned everything I know about skincare from her and she is particularly adamant about keeping your skin extra hydrated during the winter.
Living with the snow and chilly temps in Michigan can really take a toll on your skin if you let it. With so much of the country undergoing an arctic blast, of late, I thought it would be the perfect time to share some of our favorite winter skin savers with all of you. I’ve rounded up some of our favorites and I can honestly say that they won’t disappoint. All of these products are ones that we use everyday and highly recommend (and you should always listen to our recommendations because we’re the experts right, lol?!). All kidding aside, I know you’ll love all of these products.
1. Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm- My mom swears by this product and has been using it for years. It’s ultra-emollient and helps skin to look and feel firmer. We love using this at night as a treatment for dry skin and it’s also great during the day. You can even apply some over your makeup, if you’re especially dry, by gently patting it into your skin. A must have!
2. Bobbi Brown Extra Face Oil- This is the perfect winter skin saver. It’s blend of Vitamin E and sesame, sweet almond, olive, and jojoba oils is so moisturizing and smells amazing too. You can wear it alone, layer it under your moisturizer or even apply some on top of your foundation for a gorgeous glow.
3. Trader Joe’s Rose Oil Hand Cream- I am the queen of hand creams and am always on the hunt for the next one. This one from Trader Joe’s is an all-time favorite and it’s especially great for soothing dry winter hands. It’s super rich and ultra moisturizing. Honestly, it feels like a super expensive hand cream but at only $4.99 it’s a steal! It’s made with all real ingredients including Damask Rose Oil, shea butter, coconut oil and sunflower seed oil.
4. Rituals Happy Buddha Shower Oil- I found this on Amazon and got it for my mom for Christmas. She loved it and of course I’ve used it too. It’s an oil that turns into a foam and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth. The entire Rituals line is based on the ancient art of Ayurveda and is designed to help you slow down and unwind. It’s sweet orange and cedarwood scent is perfect for winter.
5. Rituals Happy Buddha Sweet Orange and Cedar Wood Body Scrub- I love a good sugar scrub because they’re so great for getting rid of dry skin. This one has soothing oils and smells wonderful. Thank you, Amazon!
6. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps- cult beauty favorite that really is the best body moisturizer for winter. It deeply hydrates skin with its combination of cocoa butter and sesame oil. Plus, the iconic packaging is so cool that you won’t mind leaving it out on your bathroom counter.
Here’s to having beautiful skin this winter!